In these terms, references to “ORTUS” “us”, “we” and “our” Orlan Security Systems Distribution Inc. located at PO Box 100, Carson City, NV, 89702, USA.
By visiting the Site or using our Products you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy.
1. What Information Does ORTUS Collect?
We collect the following personal and device information when using our Product and Services:
1.1. Personal & Account Information
Information you provide during device setup, such as your name, email address, phone number, the location of each LUN control panel.
- Unique identifiers such as your username and password.
- For Android users, access to the SMS to obtain the code required during account registration as well as location for “Panic button” application.
1.2. Device Information
- Device Information, such as model and serial number, the Lun panel (including IP address), device activity logs, and historic and current device configuration.
- Information about your mobile device such as your mobile device ID (which is similar to a website IP address), device type, operating system, and mobile service carrier as well as your location if you activate automatic mode switching.
We collect the following personal information when visiting our Site:
1.3. Personal & Account Information
- Information you provide filling in the form at the Site, which contains the following fields: name, phone, type of business, e-mail address.
- Your IP address to define the country of your location.
2. What Does ORTUS Use My Information For?
We collect the information identified above and use it for the following purposes:
- Provide you user services and improve the ORTUS Products functionality and user experience.
- Administer your account and back-up your data.
- Record log entries for your information and troubleshooting issues with your device.
- Send you notifications through the Android/iOS app. You can manage your notification preferences within the mobile app menu.
- Send you marketing communications, where permitted by applicable law.
- To conduct research and analysis to better understand how users access and use our Site and Products, both on an aggregated and individualized basis, in order to improve our Site, our Products, create new features, provide you new offerings, respond to user preferences, and to protect your data.
- Respond to your questions and concerns and provide customer support.
- Comply with court orders, valid subpoenas, and/or other applicable laws and regulations.
- For our business purposes.
- For purposes disclosed at the time you provide your information or as otherwise set forth in this Policy.
3. Location Services
Some features of our app use location-based data that you provide to us during the setup process. First of all we use this information to activate Geofence function and to provide you with reminders to arm/disarm the system. You may disable location services within your settings menu.
4. How We Share Your Information
We will share certain categories of your information with third parties only in certain circumstances as described below:
4.1. Identifiable Information
Personally Identifiable Information is information that contains data that could be used to directly or indirectly identify you, like your name or e-mail address. We only share this information under extremely limited circumstances. Primarily, this information is shared with third parties to provide you necessary Services or to operate your ORTUS devices. For example, this information is shared on a limited basis to assist in managing the computers that store your personal and device information and to third parties that assist us in providing you with customer support. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
Specifically, we may share this information as follows:
- Affiliates. We may disclose the information we collect from you to our affiliates and subsidiaries that provide services or conduct data processing on our behalf, or for data centralization and / or logistics purposes. If we do so, their use and disclosure of your personal information will be subject to this Policy.
- Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party vendors, service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf (e.g., with vendors that help us with delivering products to you, vendors that help us maintain our Site, or analytics providers).
- Emergency Response Service Providers. We may disclose the information we collect from you to third party emergency response service providers who provide you any type of security services using our Products. In this case all the information received by the third party emergency response services is treated according to the agreement between you and such emergency response service providers.
- Business Transfers. If we are acquired by or merged with another company, or if substantially all of our assets are transferred to another company, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company.
- In Response to Legal Process. We also may disclose the information we collect from you in order to comply with the law, a judicial proceeding, court order, or other legal process, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena. To the extent legally allowed, we will notify you of such requests prior to disclosing any information sought.
- To Protect Us and Others. We also may disclose the information we collect from you where we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our End User Agreement, Warranty or this Policy.
4.2. Anonymized Information
We may share your aggregated and de-identified information, which is anonymized and does not identify you. We may use this information in a variety of ways, including to publish trends about energy use or home security, and to generally improve our offerings. We may also share this anonymized information with third parties for marketing, advertising, research, or similar purposes.
4.3. Information Obtained from Third Parties
If you provide personal information about others or if others provide us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
4.4. Updating Your Information
To review and update your personal information, you may view and edit your information from within the app. We will retain your information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide services to you. If you wish to cancel your account or request that we no longer use your information to provide services to you, contact us at . We will retain and use your information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations.
5. Marketing, Advertising, and Analytics
5.1. Cookies, Tracking and Ads
We may automatically collect information about your use of our Site or Services through cookies, web beacons, log files and other technologies: your domain name; your browser type and operating system; web pages you visit; links you click; your IP address; the length of time you visit our Site and or use our services; and the referring URL, or the webpage that led you to our Site.
We may use technologies to understand how many household members access your ORTUS device(s) at your location or access features within the app. We use this aggregated information to understand and optimize how ORTUS devices and the app are used and to provide content and features that are of interest to you.
5.2. Email Communications
You may choose to submit your email address through a submission form located on our Site to sign up for communications from ORTUS. Your email address associated with your account may also be used to send you news about ORTUS, such as new features or marketing promotions. We may use one or more service providers to administer these messages. ORTUS does not share your email address with spammers or any other non-affiliated third parties for their own marketing purposes without your permission. You may opt out of receiving newsletter or marketing emails from us by following the unsubscribe instructions or by contacting us at .
The security of your personal information is important to us. We employ reasonable efforts to protect the personal information that you share when you go through the Site and/or when using our Products and Services. However, note that it is not possible to secure all transmissions made over the internet or through other content/information sharing devices. WE DO NOT WARRANT OR REPRESENT THAT WE CAN GUARANTY THE SECURITY OF ANY INFORMATION THAT YOU TRANSMIT TO US THROUGH THE SITE AND/OR WHEN USING OUR PRODUCTS AND SERVICES. YOU PROVIDE SUCH PERSONAL INFORMATION AT YOUR OWN RISK. In the event of a data or security breach that may compromise your personal information, we will make commercially reasonable efforts to notify you and/or the requisite governmental or other regulatory agency promptly and as required by law. If you have any questions about the security of the information provided to us through the Site and/or when using our Product and Services, you can contact us at .
7. Other Rights & Important Notices
Our Site and Products do not knowingly collect or store any personal information about children under the age of 13. The parents or custodians are responsible for any information provided to us by children. If we learn that we have collected the personal information of a child under the age of 13 we will take steps to delete the information as soon as possible.
7.2. International Users
Our business operations and the computer servers that handle data collected from the app and the devices are hosted by:
1) Hostwinds LLC under the terms and conditions of Hostwinds LLC. Hostwinds LLC is located in USA.
2) Sparkstation Pte Ltd, 10 Science Park Road #02-09 The Alpha Singapore Science Park 2 Singapore 117684
Agreeing to this agreement you consent to such transfer.
We may update this privacy statement to reflect changes to our information practices or changes to our services. We encourage you to periodically review this statement for the latest information on our privacy practices.
7.4. Contact Us
Last Updated: February 8, 2017